donderdag 26 mei 2011

A new studio

For several years now I teach basketmaking. It started with "creative with willow".
You know, you have an iron frame and you work around it with the willow.
 
It is fun to do but my heart is going out to basketmaking.
When I got more and more requests for a  "real" basketmaking course, it was started.  I have at my home only about 16 sqm available to work on, so that is far to small for 6-8 people basketmakin.I contacted the communityhouse, a little further in my street.
On Mondays there was a room free where I could start with my first 5 students.
Now, after three winters weaving at the communityhouse, we started to build larger studio at my home.
This last winter, we worked at my house in the livingroom on Tuesdays because the communityhouse didn't have an extra  room free for me. While I didn't want to have 
the groups to be too large, it was necessary to insert a second evening.
The permit for a new barn in came in October. Where the new barn had to come was still an old concrete slabbarn with an asbestos roof. It was for materials, bicycles, garden tools etc. This had to be demolished. We build an emergencybarn at the terrace for the materials
.
And then the winter started! And it w
as finished with the building, all that snow.
At the e
nd of February we started again, first with the diggings for the foundation, together with some friends.
 
With a mini-digger wheelbarrows were filled and a little further back in the garden on a large lot shaken. 2 Weeks later, the yellow sand arrived and we had to fill up the hole with it. Due to various circumstances we started in late April again. April 26 we brought in the concrete for the foundation and subfloor. April 29, the steel trusses where put up. April 30 began the bricklayer started to  build the walls. The studio will be L-shaped, the long leg will be completely studio with a toilet and small kitchen. The short leg will have a sliding wall to separate from the rest for housing in the bikes there again. The two long walls are from brick and the rest is woodbuilding. Saterday May 22, the first beams for the frames are put in. Now you can see how the building actually is. I hope to give at the end of September the first lessons in my new studio. No moving aroud with tools or materials to the communityhouse anymore or forgetting things so they have to bring them. Everything  will be at hand.

You can see the photo's in the Dutch article beneath.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten